- Written by Eric Dela Cruz
- Category: Inside PHILRACOM
- Published: 20 November 2013
- Hits: 148
The wrath of Typhoon YOLANDA which struck our country last November 8, 2013 particularly the Eastern Visayas region has brought tremendous devastation. Billions of resources, infrastructures and houses were ruined; resulting to thousands of death tolls; and for the survivors, a grueling nightmare to recall.
With the collaborative efforts of the National Government, other Non-Government Organizations and support from the rest of the world, the victims of YOLANDA will resurge and find new hope, for them to live a normal life again.
The Philippine Racing Commission, cognizant of the plight of our fellowmen has initiated charitable activities, in response to the “Bayanihan” or call for unity by the Office of the President, viz:
- Deferment of the Annual Christmas Party to purchase relevant materials such as blankets (1,464 pcs.) and towels (1,476pcs.) then coursed thru Philippine Red Cross (November 12, 2013);
- Donation of used clothing to GMA-7 Kapuso Foundation (November 14, 2013);
- Active participation on the Inter-Agency Relief Packaging activities by Office of the President (November 15-16, 2013);
- Joint PHILRACOM-PHILIPPINE RED CROSS “Mass Blood Donation” activity on November 22, 2013 at the San Lazaro Leisure and Business Park (SLLBP) to be participated by the civic-minded sectors of the horse racing industry and industry partners/supporters;
- “PHILRACOM: Pa-Karera Para Sa Biktima Ni Yolanda”, with schedules on November 23, 2013 (MMTCI-Malvar), November 30, 2013 (PRCI-Naic) and December 1, 2013 (MJCI-Carmona). Estimated proceeds in the amount of P500,000.00 will be channeled thru Philippine Red Cross-National Chapter for proper utilization specifically for efforts to rehabilitate our brethren in Eastern Visayas.